The U.S. Department of Transportation released the FY22 Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for the new Safe Streets and Roads for All (SS4A) Grant Program, which was established by the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL) to support regional, local, and Tribal initiatives to prevent roadway deaths and serious injuries.
Who is eligible to apply for grant funding?
- Metropolitan planning organizations;
- Counties, cities, towns, and transit agencies or other special districts that are subdivisions of a State;
- Federally recognized Tribal governments; and
- Multijurisdictional groups comprised of the above entities.
Eligible activities include:
- Develop or update a comprehensive safety action plan (Action Plan).
- Conduct planning, design, and development activities in support of an Action Plan.
- Carry out projects and strategies identified in an Action Plan.
The deadline for applications is 5:00 p.m. EDT on September 15, 2022. Visit the US DOT website for details, more information, and applicant guidance.