What are Maryland Municipalities doing?
- Laurel's Social Media Policy
- Rockville's Employee Awareness Poster
- City of Rockville - Security Standard & Guidelines
(If you have something to add, email it to email@example.com)
On April of 2021, MML hosted a webinar for our membership on how to address cybersecurity in your city/town. The presenter of this webinar is Paul Troncone, North Beach Councilman and President and founder of the Digadel Corporation. Paul has published numerous cybersecurity articles in Municipal Maryland Magazine and is the co-author of the book Cybersecurity Ops with bash: Attack, Defend, and Analyze from the Command line (O’Reilly), and author of the Cybersecurity Risk Management Workbook.
- Cyber Resilience Review (CRR) is a no-cost, voluntary, non-technical assessment to evaluate an organization’s operational resilience and cybersecurity practices. https://us-cert.cisa.gov/resources/assessments
- Resources for State, Local, Tribal, and Territorial (SLTT) Governments, including links to geographically-specific resources from various levels of government to help identify and manage cyber risk. https://us-cert.cisa.gov/resources/sltt
- Comprehensive list of Tips which describe and offer advice about common security issues for non-technical computer users. https://us-cert.cisa.gov/ncas/tips
- Multi-State Information Sharing & Analysis Center (MS-ISAC) - The mission of the MS-ISAC is to improve the overall cybersecurity posture of the nation's state, local, tribal and territorial governments through focused cyber threat prevention, protection, response, and recovery.https://www.cisecurity.org/ms-isac/
- Cyber Readiness Institute - The Cyber Readiness Program can help you protect your data, your employees, your vendors, and your customers. This free, online program is designed to help small and medium-sized enterprises become more secure against today’s most common cyber vulnerabilities. https://cyberreadinessinstitute.org/
- Malicious Domain Blocking and Reporting (MDBR)
This no-cost service provides an additional layer of cybersecurity protection that is proven, effective, and easy to deploy. MDBR technology prevents IT systems from connecting to harmful web domains, helping limit infections related to known malware, ransomware, phishing, and other cyber threats. This capability can block the majority of ransomware infections just by preventing the initial outreach to a ransomware delivery domain. https://mdbr.cisecurity.org/