Move-In Details and Reminders
Move-in / Set-up - Sunday, June 23, 2019 - between 1 p.m. & 5 p.m.
- Each booth is assigned a move-in time slot to avoid delays at loading dock
- Halls will be “locked down” promptly at 5:30 p.m. - no exceptions
- Halls will be open only to registered personnel for last minute booth preparations between 8:45 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. on Monday morning
In an effort to expedite the exhibit move-in process we ask that you plan to arrive at the Convention Center to unload your exhibit during your time slot. Times are listed below. Once you finish unloading your vehicle(s), it is important that you move your vehicle out of the loading area. Security personnel will enforce this policy.
All exhibits must be set up by 5:30 p.m. on Sunday, June 23. Booths requiring very little set-up time may move-in on Monday morning between 8:45 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. provided MML is notified prior to June 14.
Exhibitors displaying show vehicles will be sent a specific time slot when to move their vehicles into the hall. Vehicles not prepared to enter the exhibit hall during their assigned time slot or vehicles exceeding the dimensions previously provided to the convention center will forfeit their space. Vehicle move-in times may be different from booth move-in time slots. Convention Center staff will direct you as to where to park your vehicle(s) in the display area. Please use the show vehicles entrance on the north side of the Convention Center, unless you are directed to an alternate entrance by the Convention Center staff. All vehicles must be in place prior to 4 p.m. on Sunday.
Vehicle display space inside the hall is very limited. Space outside the convention center may be available. Contact MML for details, (410) 295-9100.
Booth Move-in Time Slots
Aisle 100 - 3:30 - 4:00 p.m.
Aisle 200 - 3:00 - 3:30 p.m.
Aisle 300 - 2:30 - 3:00 p.m.
Aisle 400 - 2:00 - 2:30 p.m.
Aisle 500 - 1:30 - 2:00 p.m.
Aisle 600 - 1:00 - 1:30 p.m.
Aisle 700 - 1;00 - 4:00 p.m.
Aisle 800 - 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.
A separate move-in time slot schedule for show vehicles will be emailed prior to event.
Monday, June 24, 2019, from 11:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday, June 25, 2019 from 9:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Tuesday is Commerce Day. MML members, specifically public works and department heads are encouraged to visit the exhibits on Tuesday, even if they are not attending the entire conference.
Booth dismantling will occur on Tuesday, June 25, 2019 between 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. As a courtesy to attendees and your fellow exhibitors please do not break down before 2:00 p.m.
Absolutely NO unregistered personnel will be allowed in the exhibit halls during exhibit hours. This includes tech support, guests, clients, and spouses.
For their safety, PLEASE no children in the halls during booth move-in on Sunday or booth dismantling on Tuesday.
Children (under age 16) will only be permitted in the exhibit halls on Tuesday, June 25 from 1:00 - 2:00 p.m., and they must be accompanied by a registered adult at all times.
Temperatures in the convention center can vary greatly from location to location. Please be prepared for both warm and cold conditions.
Exhibitors are welcome to attend conference related sessions and events such as the Welcome Reception and Golf Tournament on Sunday, June 23. This event is a great opportunity to meet new potential clients and catch up with current customers in a casual setting. Other events may be found on the program.
- Each booth space fee includes a draped table (30" wide x 30" high x 6' long), two chairs, trash can, a 500 watt outlet, and two booth staff registrations (includes lunches and breaks on Monday and Tuesday along with access to conference sessions, workshops, and receptions).
- Some events are ticketed and tickets can be purchased online prior to June 3.
- Booth spaces in Hall AB are 10' x 10', booth spaces in the Dockside hall are 8' x 10' or 10' x 10' (booth 703 & 722 are 8' x 8').
- Booth displays in booths 616 - 630 may exceed the 8 foot display height restriction provided the display does not block or hide the view of other booths.
- Up to three additional booth staff badges may be purchased for $125 each (excludes Main Street booths).
- Meals for additional booth staff can be purchased if needed.
Service and Rental Order Form
If you need any items for your booth such as carpeting or internet access, the SERVICE and RENTAL FORM must be completed and sent with payment to the Convention Center as soon as possible. Since there is a limited quantity of some rental items they will be provided on first-request, first-served basis. If you do not need carpeting or any additional furnishings, it is not necessary to return this form to the Convention Center.
Booth items include a 30" x 30" x 6' draped table, two chairs, trash can, and a 500 watt outlet.
Wi-Fi/Internet Access - Wi-fi is available only in the lobbies. If you want or require reliable wi-fi/internet access in the exhibit halls, you must contract with the convention center for access via the service and rental form.
Booth items being shipped to or from the Convention Center must be arranged in advance with Convention Center staff, (410) 289-8311. Find exhibitor and facility guidelines (PDF).
Check List - Have you...
Made your hotel reservation? Discount rates available until May 21. Details.
Please note: MML does not contract with third party vendors for hotel reservations.
- All reservations are made directly with the hotels using the information provided by MML.
- Signed up your booth staff? due by June 10, 2019. This is completed online using the Exhibitor Service Center (ESC). If you did not receive your ESC login and password after registering your booth, please contact MML. This will allow MML to have all registration materials ready upon your arrival. The booth contact person also needs to be registered as booth staff if they are attending. Any additional booth staff badges and tickets may be reserved online as well. Onsite badge requests will incur additional onsite fees.
- Ordered carpet and internet access for your booth? Order form.
- Checked out the New Exhibitor Snap Theater.
- Real Time Floor Plan - see what other vendors are located near you
- Floor Plan Move-in Diagram - Hall A&B and Dockside (Main Street)
- to order carpeting, internet, and other booth items. Details available in January.
- - Get your name in front of hundreds of municipal officials! 2019 details in December.
- - available until May 21, 2019
- Golf Tournament - June 23, 2019. Register online. Event Flyer
|September 30, 2018||Workshop/Session Topics due, email suggestions to Tom Reynolds|
|October 31, 2018||Early Early discount booth rates expire|
|January 15, 2019||Early Sponsor Opportunities deadline|
|March 16, 2019||Booth rates increase|
|April 1, 2019||Program book advertising copy due|
|May 1, 2019||Last day to provide your company name and description to be|
listed in conference materials
|April 20, 2019||Rates increase for event and meal tickets|
|May 21, 2019||Discount hotel room deadline, see|
|June 10, 2019||Meal ticket cancellation deadline|
|June 10, 2019||Last day for name badge additions and/or changes without incurring a|
$150 on-site fee
|June 10, 2019||Exhibitor Name Badge Registration information due|
|June 10, 2019||Last day to provide MML with any special dietary needs|
|June 23, 2019||Exhibit Set-up, 1:00 - 5:00 p.m.|
|June 23, 2019||Welcome Reception, 5:30-7:00 p.m. Convention Center Ballroom.|
|June 24, 2019||Exhibit Halls open, 11:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|June 25, 2019||Exhibit Halls open, 9:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.|
Please refer to the floor plan diagram for the location of your booth number. The Dockside Hall, also known as Municipal Main Street, is an area reserved primarily for municipal and MML department exhibitors. The diagram also indicates the doors for exhibitors to use when unloading. Please do not attempt to enter the exhibit area from the main entrance of the Convention Center.
Several of the Maryland Municipal League's exhibitors and members have once again received a letter from Construct Data Publishers a.k.a. Fair Guide - Exhibitors Directory for Fairs and Exhibitions regarding a listing in their Exhibitor Directory for the Maryland Municipal League conference.
The Maryland Municipal League has NO affiliation with the Fair-Guide, Construct Data Publishers or EXPO-Guide.
The latest form that accompanied this solicitation includes a specific listing for the MML conference exhibitor requiring payment of $1,877 or more per year for three years. The envelope might have a return address located in Slovakia, Austria, Mexico, France, Germany or Illinois. Signing this form enters you into a multi-year advertising contract that has no connection to MML.
The Maryland Municipal League wanted to alert you to this unauthorized attempt to gain funds from MML conference exhibitors. Any payments remitted to/requested by MML would be sent to the MML office in Annapolis, Maryland only.
MML would like to thank our members and exhibitors for your continued support of the Maryland Municipal League and its conferences. We would also like to thank our members and exhibitors that have once again brought these solicitations to our attention.
Hotels - MML does not use any type of third party housing/hotel services vendor. Hotel room reservations are made directly between attendees/exhibitors and the Ocean City area hotels of their choice. MML does reserve a bloc of hotel rooms at discounted rates for our attendees/exhibitors. Details on these hotels can be found here in January.
If you have any questions about MML’s summer conference, please contact MML Exhibits information via email.