Municipal Workers’ Compensation
Municipal workers’ compensation insurance
The Maryland Municipal League and Chesapeake Employers’ Insurance Company (formerly IWIF) have joined together to offer to MML’s member cities and towns a workers’ compensation insurance program, which focuses on the unique needs of municipal government entities.
- A strong relationship with municipal customers across Maryland - Chesapeake Employers insures nearly 120 MML members located throughout Maryland, and that is more than any other workers’ compensation carrier in the state. We have a Strategic Business Unit dedicated specifically to serving municipal, government and public entities. This team of professionals has extensive experience in underwriting, loss control, claims management, premium audit and legal issues.
- Competitive pricing & premium discounts for safe policyholders - As a nonprofit insurance company, Chesapeake Employers is committed to keeping premiums as low as possible. We reward safe employers with premium savings, including credit for a favorable experience modification (e-mod).
- Comprehensive safety services - Our safety services consultants specialize in assisting policyholders with training and information to help lower the frequency and severity of workplace injuries. Taking advantage of these services can help policyholders improve their safety records and experience ratings (e-mod), thereby containing their premiums.
- Integrated claims & medical management services - Our priority is to provide timely and accurate benefits. In addition to helping your injured worker receive prompt and appropriate medical treatment, we help them return to work as soon as medically possible. Working together, our local, responsive and knowledgeable claims adjusters and nurses continuously strive for better claims outcomes.
- Fraud prevention, detection & investigation services - Our “Zero Tolerance” policy for workers’ compensation fraud, including claimant fraud, together with our vigilance, helps us to curb our customers’ premium.
- Local, dependable & responsive customer service - Our professionals make the difference for our customers. Our talented team is focused and committed to providing our customers with outstanding customer service. When you choose Chesapeake Employers for your workers' compensation coverage, you will receive support, helpful information and guidance from our dedicated insurance professionals.
For more information, contact the Chesapeake Employers’ Strategic Business Unit (SBU) at 410-494-2153 or 800-264-4943.